Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ghetto Bootay Runners

This weekend I ran in the Wasatch Back Relay with 11 other girls. We each ran 3 times and ran a combined total of 177 miles. We started in Logan and ended in Park City, Utah. Our team was called the Ghetto Bootay Runners and as you can see from the picture we had a really cute costume to go with our name-it seemed to attract a lot of attention. It was one of the most difficult things I have ever done, but also one of the most fun. We were split up into 2 vans-each with six runners. I was in the first van and so we were the ones to start the race. My first run was 5 miles at 3:30 in the afternoon in one hundred degree weather. Two people had to be picked up by ambulance on my run because they passed out due to the terrible conditions. We started the race Friday afternoon and finished Saturday at 5pm. I was so exhausted when I got home I fell asleep at 8:30pm and didn't wake up till 7 the next morning. Even though it was one of the most terrible, awful, and miserable things I have done, it was also one of the most rewarding and I am definitely going to do it again next year. (Pete thinks I am crazy)

Van #1 Before the race began

Before my night (and 2nd) run-I got to wear such a pretty vest and headlamp

Just a couple of the many dirty old men who asked to take their picture with us. We had finished the race at this point

1 comment:

megan said...

YEAH! I am so glad that you started a blog! I always thought they were kind of weird too...something I never really thought I would do! But it is SO much fun to know what everyone is up to! (and it's become a journal for me too!) I am so, so glad to see pictures of you and Pete and Ryan! I love the race that you did and your costumes! That is awesome- it sounded really hard too! And the Phillipines trip- amazing! If you ever need people to go and help- Christian is a dentist and I'm a RN- we would LOVE to help! Thanks so much for posting one- it's so great to keep in contact this way! Lots of love to you all! Megan