Monday, October 29, 2007

Hello and Goodbye


Pete loves animals-apparently we are going to have our own zoo one day. Too bad for me I am not an animal person. Pete and I have already had fish, which died, and birds which were so annoying we had to give them back to the pet store. For the past couple of years, Pete has been begging to get a kitten even though I am highly allergic to cats. He found this new breed of cat called a Bengal that was supposed to be hypoallergenic and looks like a leopard so we decided to try it out. The only problem was I was so allergic to the kitty I couldnt even be in the same room as it without my nose clogging up and my whole face itching-usually I have to touch a cat before I have an allergic reaction. So we got the kitty and three days later we had to sell it. I felt terrible especially because Ryan loved the kitty. His first real word was kitty, but he says it more like "ditty". Luckily for Pete I am not allergic to dogs, but I think we are going to wait a while before we get another animal.

Saying Goodbye

7 comments:

Jess Perry said...

I am allergic to cats too. And you know what, I am okay with dogs but we will never have one. My husband is the opposite and didn't have any pets growing up and doesn't want any! Maybe a fish...maybe!

Steph said...

I am with jess --- absolutely NO pets! I can't stand them, and never want one. Everyone keeps telling me to get one since i am home alone so much, but i just don't like them at all!!! I am actually scared of most of them, and hate cats, and the only animal our kids will ever have is fish! Luckily, Chip wants them even less than me (which is good considering all the married kids in his family have them) but we will never. sorry future kids....

Lindsey said...

That is funny, so sad to say goodbye so soon but also its a good riddance, litter boxes are the sickest things ever and I hear its hard to toilet train the cat! Didn't you used to have a hamster, or was it emily? Those are much easier. Or how about a nano pet :)

meagan said...

too bad it didn't work out- i used to be an animal person because we had them growing up... but since moving away i've become really used to not having dog hair on everything and sort of like it that way. poor pete... someday he'll have his zoo:)

elizabeth kartchner said...

How sweet! Kittens are so cute! Darn those allergies!

debbie rowley said...

Oh that is so sad. I am allergic to anything furry including dogs. I feel kind of badly that Ellie is never going to have a dog to play with because she LOVES them! I am sure Ryan was sad to have to say goodbye to the kitty. But I am sure you were happy to see it go! Allergies are unbearable!

Heather and Trevor said...

So Sad! I am also SOOO allergic to cats. We want a dog soo bad! Who knows if we will get one some day! :) GOod Luck with the Seperation!!