Sunday, May 10, 2009

Our First Official Family Vacation

With a big giant change looming over us (that happened May 2nd), we decided to take a little family vacation to spend some serious time together-just the 3 of us. Pete has an uncle that lives in California during the week, but goes home to his family in Utah on the weekends, and he let us stay in his rental home. I got off work on a Friday afternoon and we then headed down to California for the weekend. Ryan was better than we ever imagined that he could be in the car-in fact Pete told me I complained more about the car ride than Ryan did:)

We headed to disneyland Saturday, it was so crowded that we didn't get to ride a lot of rides, but we still had a great time. We rode bikes and went to the beach and then Monday we headed down to the San Diego Zoo and then drove home from there. It was a quick trip but so much fun.

Ryan was terrified of the characters


He LOVED the Buzz Lightyear ride


Nap time




Hermosa Beach


The San Diego Zoo



6 comments:

Sarah said...

How fun that you took a trip just you three. We did that last year, but Brian's two sisters came to help with the kids at Disneyland.

We do need to get together again soon- I agree! I'll have to call Amanda and tell her we need her to plan! Now that summer's almost here maybe we can do it more often.

Kacey said...

I'm glad you guys were able to get away before Peter left. And how fun for Ryan to experience Disneyland! I can't wait to take my kiddos. :)

Holly Park said...

Looks like a fun trip...and besides, California always leaves you wanting. Now, if you are lonely or sad, you can always call! I'm home with lots of free time for now. I'll be thinking of you, but I know this summer will fly by (they always do!).

Chelsea said...

Cute pics, we are heading there next month. My favorite though is the pic where you are on the beach and you are holding his little Blankie!! It cracked me up. You have such a cute family

debbie rowley said...

What a fun trip :) Glad you you were able to get away before Pete left. Hope you are doing well while he is away.

meagan said...

We just went to Disneyland for our frist time too, so fun. What was the big change (may 2?).