Friday, April 23, 2010

I heart N.Y.C.

My wonderful friend Lauren was going to hang out with her parents and play in NYC on her way to run the Boston marathon and she invited me to come along. I was MORE than excited for the invitation considering I have always wanted to visit NYC. She was so great and let me check off my huge list of things I wanted to see and do: Central Park, the Brooklyn Bridge, Wicked, Time Square, the Statue of Liberty, SoHo, Little Italy, Chinatown, shopping, Rockefeller Center, Fifth Avenue, Dylan's Candy bar, Donut Planet, Fat Witch Brownie and the list goes on... As you can see it involved eating a lot of desserts-my favorite:) I even got to sneak in a visit with my cousin Lara whom I hadn't seen since I was pregnant with Ryan.

Photobucket


In honor of the show Felicity
Photobucket

Photobucket


Even better than I remembered
Photobucket

My luggage very inconveniently decided to break as I was rushing thru Manhattan trying to meet my cousin. I still have bruises on the back of my right calf from my luggage hitting it so many times
Photobucket

My cousin Lara and her darling kids in Bryant park
Photobucket

Photobucket

Central Park
Photobucket

my heaven
Photobucket
Just as a side note, do you ever get really frustrated posting-me and blogger are not friends today as you can see by the weird question marks that are showing up in my post and the fact that this post took WAY too long to create.

12 comments:

Holly Park said...

Ohhh, feeling very jealous NYC is one of my favorite places! I always wonder why I didn't move there for a few years after I graduated... so glad you got to sneak away for your own little adventure!

Kacey said...

What a fun trip!! I'm so glad you were able to see so much and have a great time too!

Sarah said...

i'm so jealous! i have always wanted to go to new york and dylan's candy bar would totally be at the top of my list too. and how fun that you got to go on vacation with just your friend. no worries! i'm jealous of that too!

Amy and Clark said...

I can't believe that was your first trip to NYC! So much fun! I'll have to make note of some of those candy/donut shops you visited for my next trip.

PS-Do you know where you are moving yet???

Tiff said...

New York is so much fun!!! You sure did have a long list and I am so glad you got to do everything.

lauren ann said...

Good times!! Im so glad we got to do all we did. I still can't stop laughing when I think of us/you pulling that &*$# suitcase all around NYC. Tragedy + time= comedy, right? Thanks for the good times and I love how big your pics are.

Heather and Trevor said...

Love your pictures! I am so jealous! I want to go back to NY too soo bad! Glad you had a fun trip! P.S. I had this same song (Ordinary day) on my blog for the last month and I love it and think of you now! :)

becca said...

anne. don't stress about moving. It will be scary at first, but honestly it is such a fun experience! I have loved living on my own and depending on our own little family to get by. Our friends & neighbors have become family. And sometimes it is nice to live away from some of the family drama. You will do great! You are such a fun friend and will easily have best friends in no time. good luck. we are headed to gilbert, AZ.

Maurine said...

Oh I so need to go to NYC sometime soon. It looks amazing and beautiful. I am glad you got to go and especially happy you stopped by Dean and Deluca in honor of Felicity.
I am sad that you won't be coming here, but maybe you will get in to ASU that would still be close enough to see each other occasionally. I am sure you will get in somewhere that will be a good fit for you guys. Keep me updated. I am sorry they are so slow getting back to you guys...it must be because of the 30% increase in applicants this year. Good luck. Love ya.

The Speres said...

I am not friends with Blogger all the time. I feel like I can never get the format to look how I want it to look. Oh well.
NYC looked amazing! I saw pics on Lauren's blog, too, and I do wish I could go! Glad you had a fun child-free vacation!

Lindsay said...

Anne! Looks like loads of fun!!!!!!!!! You look great and you are missed!

jakeandjessicafillmore said...

how fun! There is so much to do in NYC. I get frustrated blogging as well- it takes way to long. Glad you guys are doing well! We need to get together soon. Are you guys going to Aaron's wedding. You probably are so we hope to see you there!