Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Days of Snowbird


I have been putting off this post, because it means that the holidays are REALLY over and I have not been ready to admit that. It was so great to be able to see Pete and family so much-I have been grieving the past week because Pete went back to school, is studying for the GRE, and had to go back to work so we haven't seen him much. It is always hard to go from seeing each other 24 hours a day to not at all. But all complaining aside, we had a WONDERFUL break! Pete's (including all of his Dad's extended family) family's tradition is to spend the two weeks up at a condo in Snowbird-they have been doing it for 19 years. We ski, eat good food, and just hang out.I was back and forth because I still had to work and also to see my family down in Provo. My sister Rebecca surprised us all by showing up on Christmas day with her three boys from North Carolina-unfortunately her husband had to stay at home and work. I got to spend a lot of time with my four sisters-I love all of them so much we had so much fun together! Ryan loved having his cousins around to play with and he LOVED eating snow! He would eat the snow that would fall off of our ski boots when we would come in from skiing-it was totally dirty so we had to give him cups of clean snow to eat. It was just so great to be with the people I love most in this world. I hope all of you had great holiday breaks!

13 comments:

Corinne said...

Looks like so much fun. I agree with you...it's kinda a shock to the system when you go from lots of family time with your husband to none at all! I can't believe the holidays are over either.

Heather and Trevor said...

Yay! I am so glad that you posted! I thought you died! :) HAHA JK, That looked like so much fun! Ryan is getting so big and cute! I can't believe that he is really that old! Your little family is so cute! :)

Chad and Margaret Olson said...

Hey friend!
It's been a long time! I'm glad you had a fun break, it's so hard to come back to reality. So Pete is taking the GRE? New life plan?

Tiff said...

It is depressing when the holidays are over. Tyler and I had 2 weeks off this year and it was hard to go back to work and have him in school. But it sounds like your had a great break. That is fun that you got to see everyone in both sides of your family!

Julia said...

I love that Ryan eats snow. Adelyn hated snow at that age. I'm glad you had a great break. Don't you just love sisters! What would we do without them.

becca said...

ryan is so big! I know what you mean. I had withdrawals when devin went back to school and it was just me and hughie back in omaha...
it is so fun having your hubby around 24 hours a day and hanging out with family etc.
what kind of grad school does pete want to go to?

Ash said...

I love Snowbird! We stayed there once with Mike's family and had a blast! It's like you live in your own little snow country apart from the world. Glad you had a great holiday!

Steph said...

looks like you had fun! yeah! i am now back from my bloggin hiatus and am going to post today!
xoxoxo

Jess Perry said...

I agree! I hate it when the holiday's are over and life begins again...plus we still have the snow and cold for another 2 months with no fun Winter holiday's to look forward to.
Well it looks like you had a good Christmas! Now back to life...

meagan said...

What fun! Seeing your pictures makes me miss snow. That is great that Ryan loves the snow. Can't wait to see you. I hope Pete does great on the GRE.

megan said...

It looked like so much fun! I am glad that you were able to have time off together! Sorry that Pete's back in busy mode! Breaks are so nice to have, but SO hard to return from!

Hannah said...

I love that he will eat snow, even if it's dirty. Kids just don't understand germs very well.

I'm with you on the missing your husband thing...it is SO nice to have them around, and that much harder when they go again.

Emily said...

I hear you, Anne...it was hard for me to admit the holidays were over, too. It's hard from being with your husband all day to seeing him for only an hour or two at night! Hang in there...it's only temporary!

I have to add this little side note, too...you just look so beautiful! You always did, but you just really look great in all of the pics! I'm glad things are going well for you!