Wednesday, February 13, 2008

....UnExPEcTeD SUrPRisE....

I have been a little stressed the past few days because I have to work more this week then I normally do and so I have wondered how I was going to get all my household stuff done, especially the cleaning. I have also been meaning to clean out my car, but it has been so cold I haven't gotten around to it. Tonight after I got off from a 12-hour shift, i opened my car door to find a note wishing me a "Happy Valentine's Day" and also an extremely clean car. I was shocked! It was literally the last thing I expected to get, but the best thing-I was so surprised. When I came home, I walked into a sparkling clean house. Pete doesn't have a lot of time these days and so while his gift was so simple, it meant the world to me that he would take the time out of his busy schedule to help make my life a little easier. I cried when I saw the house-partially because I was so tired (from work and Ryan was up all night) but also because of how thoughtful it was. It is amazing how the simplest things can mean the world to you. Happy Valentine's Day!

15 comments:

heather telford photography said...

That is so sweet!! Sometimes the little things like that are way better than any present!! You guys are so cute!!

Chad and Margaret Olson said...

I wish Chad would get that idea, I'm sure my house needs it more than your did. I hope you got the dog sticker Josh picked out just for you! YOu each got one and you are supposed to wear them.

meagan said...

Yeah for Pete, and for you. I agree, thoughtful gifts of time and self are the best. ps- regarding the beach: you are invited to visit any time!

Hannah said...

I love sweet husbands! Way to go Pete! Isn't it great how the simplest things can bring such great joy? Too bad the world can't figure that out!

debbie rowley said...

That is too sweet! How thoughtful!

becca said...

that is such a sweet gift! Pete sounds like such a good husband.
it is fun to get clothes and makeup etc...but thoughtful gifts mean so much more!!

Tiff said...

That is the best gift! I am glad your husband figured out that some of the best presents don't cost money and are just thoughtful. My husband is getting better, but he still thinks he always needs to spend money!!!

Jess Perry said...

What a great hubbie. Those are truly the best gifts ever!! I am glad you had a good Valentine's day!!

megan said...

Cute Pete! That is so nice! Sometimes it is so, so nice to have things cleaned- by someone else other than yourself!

Lindsey said...

Thats a nice gift I love it when Kev cleans! I think I do want to run the salt lake 1'2, However I will have to see how the moab run goes :)

Kacey said...

Points for Pete! What a sweet valentine surprise!

Corinne said...

I agree...those are the best gifts! Nothing beats a clean house that you didn't have to clean! Glad you had a good Valentines!

Troy, Kristin, and Two Rug Rats said...

Hey I found your link off of Heidi's blog. I acutally was going to call you today to get the address so it worked out well. Your family is so stinkin cute I love all of your pictures your sister did a great job. And what a sweet husband. I think I would pass out if Troy ever picked up a broom and dust pan. Pete is awesome! Lets get together some time soon seeing how I haven't seen you forever.

Ash said...

That is one of my favorite gifts too. Forget flowers, scrub the shower! :)

Mark said...

Way to go Pete!! I hope you guys are doing well.