Friday, May 30, 2008

...Playing Catch Up...

I took a little hiatus from the world of blogging-Life got a little crazy and it was the first thing to go. So I thought since things are starting to somewhat calm down that I would catch up. Pete graduated back in April and the day after went straight back into his cave called the library and studied every minute until he took the MCAT on May 10th. He had very mixed feelings about it because he thought he would feel more relieved after taking it-I think part of it is that you don't find your scores out for a month after taking the test. It got a little lonely around here and I actually started looking forward to going to work to get out of the house. It has been so nice to have him around more lately even though he is still so busy.


We just got home from a trip to Hawaii with his family-they were so nice to take the entire family-and are trying to get over our jet lag. We had a wonderful time playing at the beach and relaxing in the sun. Ryan didn't quite understand how to play very well at the beach, but he sure enjoyed covering himself and his fishy crackers with sand. The trip was great until the flight home. It was an overnight flight and I didn't sleep a single second of it. Pete had started to feel sick during the day and then once we got on the plane started throwing up and threw up the entire six hour flight-at one point he even fell asleep in bathroom because he had been in there so long. Ryan slept the first hour and a half and then woke up and started kicking the seat in front of him and freaking out. I hurried and got him out of his seat and then had to hold him for two and a half hours-most of the time standing up. My arms were killing me and it was a little difficult with all the turbulence. Needless to say I was grateful when we landed-it was a rough flight in more than one way.

Playing with cousins




Even blankie got to play at the beach



Covered in sand and eating my crackers!

19 comments:

Hannah said...

Flying can be such a nightmare. I'm glad you have it behind you!!

Kacey said...

Hi there! It looks like you guys had a great trip to Hawaii. We just returned home from a trip to Ohio. Our plane ride was rough, but yours sounded even rougher! I bet you were glad to get home. :)

Lindsey said...

Welcome home!We need to get together, I am glad you had fun but sorry for your flight, I am afraid of future flights with future babies!

Jess Perry said...

What island did you guys go to? Sounds like a fun get away (minus the plan ride). And congrats to pete for graduating!!

The Romneys said...

Yea for the update! I was wondering where you were! Congrats to the Peter in graduation and that flight sounds like a nightmare! Love ya tons!

Unknown said...

so fun, too bad we couldn't go to hawaiian together. Yea the plane ride is definitely not the best, I'm suree Josh is easier than Ryan though. Still 5-6 hours is long. 10 minutes into the airplane ride he was so excited for, he was asking when it would be over. Let's be friends a lot when I get home!! by the way this is margaret on my sis. computer

Lindsay said...

HEYYYYY! I was excited to hear how hawaii went! Cute pictures, sounds fun but the flight not so good. I am sorry that it was so bad! I heard jess got engaged! How romantic. welcome back

meagan said...

What a great trip- the fam on the beach. Overnight plane rides can be great or killer. I hope Pete aced the mcat.

Lindsay said...

I wish we were doing it again :( Oh yes!!!! I forgot that I needed to get those to you! I know Marie took a lot too. I need to go get those developed! sad that I never got them developed. I will soon and get those to ya.

Heather and Trevor said...

So Fun! Congrats Pete! What Island did you go too? Looks like so much fun! Glad you are back blogging! I was beginning to worry!....LOL :)

becca said...

throwing up in the airplane bathroom...that sounds horrible..poor pete.
anne you look so cute as usual!
we will have to hang out. I am coming to utah in july and will be there for 3 weeks. I will call you.

heather telford photography said...

Congrats on the graduation!! that is so exciting!! Your little boy is getting so big what a fun age!

debbie rowley said...

What a fun trip! Sorry the return trip was so difficult! I don't know how you survived! Congrats to Pete on his graduation!

Courtney ♥ said...

Congrats Pete on graduating-such a good feeling. And Hawaii that sounds so nice and warm.

heidilu said...

Anne! Sounds like an adeventure. Ryan is such a handsome little guy. Hey, can you invite me to the BYU nurses blog or ask someone else to? Thanks, Heidi. Oh, p.s thanks for mailing the book a long time ago. I did get it.

Ash said...

Hey! Thanks for reminding me not to take Linc on a 8 hour plane flight. Sounds bad. So, how bout a nurse reunion June 25 or 26 or 27th? Maybe we could get some folks together and go to lunch or meet at a park. I'll be in town and it would be fun to see people. Email me or I'll email you.

Corinne said...

Congrats to Pete. Hawaii...sounds amazing! I can totally relate to your plane ride - so brutal!

Troy, Kristin, and Two Rug Rats said...

Oh that makes me long for the days I spent in Hawaii during nursing school. I'm so jealous. Looks like so much fun, and how nice to get a tan so early in the season!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.