Thursday, August 21, 2008

Aaahhhh....It's so nice (and a little sad) to be home!

It is so great to finally be home! Ryan remembered who we were and seemed to learn TONS of new words while we were gone-but he won't let us leave him for a second-he even comes with us into the bathroom. We got back last Thursday from the Philippines and then a couple days later headed to Lake Powell for a Reichman family reunion. This summer has been so crazy and has flown by-literally going from trip to trip with just enough time in between to get caught up on laundry and pack for the next trip...

And while I am not complaining in anyway about being gone-it is still great to be back in my own house and in my own bed! I have so much to get caught up on and can't wait to read what everyone else has been up to.

Reality check-I go back to work tomorrow which is always a little sad but I am more sad to realize that summer is ending and Pete will be going back to school to start his Master's program in a week and a half-oh well life has to go on right?. I am going to post pictures from our trip to the Philippines so check back-it was amazing! With the last of our trips over for the summer, I keep trying to think up little weekend outings to have something to look forward to so if anyone is up for anything fun just let me know...

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am glad you made it home safe, you have been all over the place, can't wait to see the pics, wish I was there to hear all about it!

Maurine said...

I can't wait to hear more about it and see pictures! I hope that you guys got all you wanted to accomplished. I am glad that Ryan remembered you!

Jess Perry said...

Welcome home! Can't wait to see your trip pictures!

Hannah said...

Ooooo, I'm excited to hear about the trip! Enjoy the extra snuggles from Ryan :). Take a day and just do nothing but read him stories and snuggle up with him!

debbie rowley said...

Glad you made it back safely. I am sure it feels nice to be back settled into routine. I always crave our little routine after the chaos of summer and traveling!