Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Since Pete's been gone...

I had been a little worried about Pete leaving me alone with Ryan for two weeks before I join him in the Philippines, but somehow it has gone by quickly and now it is the night before I leave to travel the 30 hours over there. Pete has to go over early each year to set up all the humanitarian work that the rest of the group will get to participate in. I have been really busy between family being in town, work, a concert, a family reunion and getting ready to go on my big trip. I have definitely had a few breakdowns since he has left, but overall it has been okay. Here are some pictures of what we have done since he left.

The Colbie Caillat/John Mayer Concert-John Mayer sounds amazing live


Horseback riding with my sisters and nephews at the Ranch we stayed at for our family reunion.


Ryan was in HEAVEN with so many rocks to play in and throw at other people


This was what happened when we attempted to play tennis in the dark-I went to hit a wild ball not knowing the tennis court was surrounded by a swamp and ended up covered in mud. We laughed for about 10 minutes which was good since it had been a really hard day with Ryan.


Riding the zipline. The ranch had so many fun activities to do and when Ryan napped I took advantage of that time to have some fun.


Where we spent the majority of our time. Notice Ryan is covered in floaties-that is because he thinks he can swim and doesn't want anyone to help him in the pool.


Another one of the places we spent a lot of time at during the family reunion. I think I heard: "Wow, he is SO busy" from almost all of my aunts and uncles. Someone asked me if he even knew how to walk since they only saw him run.


Hiking in Zions-it was beautiful!


Well, I am pretty much packed and just waiting to go. Wish me good Luck-I am starting to feel my usual pre-trip anxiety (turbulence is not my favorite thing) and I am really sad to leave Ryan for two weeks. It should be a wonderful experience-we are building houses this year which I am really excited about-I keep telling myself it is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity each time I get to go over. Thanks in advance to my wonderful mother-in-law and my Mom for watching Ry while I am gone-I hope they don't sell him on ebay. I will be back in a couple of weeks!

17 comments:

Kacey said...

Have fun on your trip!! It looks like you have had a fun couple of weeks with your family. I bet you are glad to see your hubby again though.

Jake and Jessica Fillmore said...

Good luck out there! I am sad I cant go this year. Say hi to ted and all of the philipino friends for us! We will miss you guys!

Lindsay said...

Anne have so much fun!!! I loved the post! You crack me up! I have loved running into you lately. You are such a hot RUNNER!!! OW OW

Julia said...

Your family reunion sounds like it was a blast! I love it when there are lots of fun activities planned. Have a great time in the Philippines. What an amazing experience.

The Red Crew said...

Hi Anne, this is Carly (Runia)Red... I was laughing really hard while reading about Ryan; I feel he and Emmett are 2 peas in a pod! I can't even count the number of times people remark on Emmett's "busy-ness." Hopefully these next two weeks will enable you to appreciate such energy. What a neat opportunity!

Hannah said...

I love Ryan in his floaties...so cute! Erica insists on wearing them too, but doesn't trust them so I still end up holding her when she can't stand. Oh well!

Hooray for busy kids! Have a fun two-week break. We can't wait to hear about it

STEPHANIE R said...

Anne! You look so great! Your hair is so dang long! And Ryan has got to be one of the most adorable little guys I've ever seen. Just wanted to say hi and have fun in the Phillipines!

Corinne said...

Sounds like you have been enjoying the summer. Good luck on your trip...can't wait to see the pics!

Tiff said...

Good luck and have fun! I am sure Ryan will have a blast with his Grandmas! I am glad to see that you are still playing tennis :)

Mark said...

Ryan. Like father, like son. I'm not sure when you'll read this but we wish you the best of luck.

Amy and Clark said...

Looks like such a great reunion! I can't wait to hear all about it and your big trip--hopefully in person! I leave on the afternoon of the 14th, so if you aren't too worn out from jet lag, lets try to get together for a little bit!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis. Just thought I'd stop by and say Hi and that I miss you. I hope your trip is going well and I can't wait to hear all about it after you get home.

Be safe and have fun.

(do I sound like Dad, or what?)

Emily said...

Looks like so much fun, Anne! You are so beautiful, by the way! I hope everything went well with your trip!! Also, I can definitely relate to the "He is so busy" comments...I kind of think it just goes along with toddler territory because we sure get them a lot, too! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Megan said...

Anne, Ryan is sooooo darling. I love all the floaties!

Jess Perry said...

Have fun on your trip and it looks like you guys have been doing lots of fun things!

Heather and Trevor said...

So cute! Love the pictures! I love the one of your muddy bum playing tennis. YOu are even cute when you have mud on you! :)Have fun on your trip!

Lindsay said...

You are home!!! Want to see pictures!