Sunday, June 21, 2009

A million miles away...

I received a phone call, in the middle of the night last night, from Pete calling to tell me he was in the hospital over in Switzerland. He had been in excruciating pain that had gotten increasingly worse by the minute to the point where he couldn't walk (he said all he could do when he got to the hospital was lay on the floor and wait for someone to help him). They discovered he had a kidney stone and later sent him home with a bunch of pain medications. I felt like we were millions of miles apart and I was helpless here in Utah. I am so glad he is okay now and grateful we only have 3 weeks left...

8 comments:

Kacey said...

Oh Anne! I'm so glad Pete is okay. I bet you are counting down the days until you see your lover again. You are an amazing woman!

Kels said...

Poor poor Pete!!! I feel so bad for him. I've heard that kidney stones are as close as a guy can get to giving birth. I'm glad he is ok. We just took a birth class and I wish he would have called me. I would have walked him through breathing techniques to get him through the pain. He..he..he..whooo.
-Levi

Sarah said...

oh my goodness! i'm glad he's okay now- but how hard for both of you to be apart during something like that.
feel better pete! :0

Amy and Clark said...

How awful! It's got to be so hard to be so far away! Hopefully he gets feeling better soon and that 3 weeks flies by!

Are you around the first week of July? I get there with Rebecca on July 3. I hope we get to see each other!

Steph said...

how awful - especially for his father's day present! Far, far away, alone, and in pain at the hospital - not really a memory to hold onto for father's day! Glad he is ok - and you are surviving - can' wait to see you in a few weeks! i think about you a lot these days! call if you need to chat!

debbie rowley said...

Poor guy! I've heard those are incredibly painful! I hope the next few weeks pass quickly for both of you!

Brittany said...

Oh that would be so hard, but I'm glad that he is ok.

Cheri said...

BUMMER! I hope he's feeling better now. Did you ever go over there to visit? You're a tough lady to be a single mom for so long.