Friday, June 26, 2009

Better than I imagined...

One positive thing about Pete being gone for the summer was it gave me the excuse to go over and visit (My mom and sister also joined in the fun). We spent three scenic days in Switzerland and three crazy, jam-packed days in Italy. Both Countries were beautiful and surpassed all of my expectations and to make it even better I got to spend some long overdue time with my Hubby:)


Having lunch on the banks of Lake Geneva
Photobucket



Outside the church in Lausanne, Switzerland were our ancestors joined the church.
Photobucket



spending time together in Geneva
Photobucket



The beautiful Lauterbrunnen valley-my picture does not do it justice. I wish you could see how many waterfalls come over the cliffs into the valley-it was incredible.
Photobucket



Florence, Italy
Photobucket



One of the many outdoor restaurants in Italy-minutes later a bird pooped on my head!
Photobucket



St. Peter's Basilica inside the Vatican-it ended up being one or our favorite places in Italy.
Photobucket



The view of Rome from the top of St. Peter's Basilica
Photobucket



The Colosseum
Photobucket



The sistine chapel-we were not supposed to take this picture and right after we did a security officer started yelling at anyone who was taking pictures
Photobucket



We had such a great time eating gelato two to three times a day, walking for hours down city streets (my mom's feet were covered in blisters), getting ripped off because we were Americans ( One restaurant charged us $30 for some fries), and seeing as much of these beautiful countries that we possibly could see. These pictures don't even begin to show all the things we did while we were there-thanks to my sister Catherine for all her many hours researching what to do in Italy-we didn't have a dull moment. Thanks also to my mother-in-law who watched Ry so I could go on this adventure.

15 comments:

Maurine said...

Hooray. It looks so beautiful over there. I am so jealous.
I bet you were so happy to see Pete after so long!

Andrea Forsyth said...

i'm so glad you got to go see him! and seeing all the other stuff didn't hurt either. you definitely deserved that one! and from the looks of it, i think i'll have to convince jonathan to go to lauterbrunnen. so gorgeous!

Chelsea said...

YEA!! I'm so glad you got to see Pete- wow and I must say those pics are gorgeous, I am so jealous. Looks like you had a great time. All the waiting sure paid off!!
p.s. I leave in a month and want to get together- i will call you
p.p.s. I used Picaso for my pics, its so easy!!

Tiff said...

What a fun awesome trip. I am so happy you got to see Pete! I love all the pictures. I bet you were so tired after a fun quick trip

Amy and Clark said...

What an amazing trip! So fun to spend time with your mom, Catherine, and of course, your husband! Such beautiful, beautiful pictures!!!

Holly Park said...

Ahh...so jealous! I think Switzerland is the best place ever! If only somehow Matt could figure out a way to practice law there. I'm so glad you got to sneak over and visit--looks like your trip was a blast! Glad Pete is coming home soon, too:).

Kacey said...

What amazing pictures! Thanks for sharing your fabulous vacation. I'm so glad you are reunited with your lover and you had a break from your 2 year old :)

Courtney ♥ said...

Simply amazing! I luv all the pictures. and gelato everyday i am so jealous-any favorite flavors? Wow is all I can say.

Cheri said...

Oh man, all your pictures look like postcards! I am so jealous. I hope you two are reunited soon.

We'll be in Utah this week (SL) - I'll wave to you! :)

Ash said...

I'm glad you shared all these amazing pictures, especially the chapel. Amazing! That is really neat!

Corinne said...

those pictures are amazing Anne! sounds like an amazing trip! Switzerland looks unreal...would love to go there!

jakeandjessicafillmore said...

Thats so awesome! I bet you were so happy to see pete again and have such a great vacation. I would love to go there some day.

Lindsay said...

Redrockrelay... You in?

Unknown said...

Uh why did you not pack me in your suit case forthis trip. Looks amazing. And i'm glad pete is home now. See you at work soon. . .

Heather and Trevor said...

Oh I am so jealous! My grandma is Swiss and I am dying to go there someday! Lucky girl! Beautiful pics!