Thursday, June 24, 2010

Supermoms-Wasatch Back Relay 2010

Somehow I find myself drawn to this race every year-it is fun in a crazy/insane sort of way (this is the relay race where you run 188 miles with 11 other runners). I joined my older sister Catherine's team again and had a blast during all the adventures (minus me getting sick after my second run and staying sick 24 hours and another run later). I switched it up this year and was in the second group of runners. I got to see a different part of the race course and finally got to see the infamous "Ragnar"-the lovely mountain that two teammates run up-and yes, it really is a mountain. The team was awesome and we just found out we took 12th place out of 127 women's teams!!! Thanks for all the memories ladies!



My sis and I before all the madness started
Photobucket



The team minus me-I was running one of my legs when they took this pic
Photobucket



Because of the horrible traffic getting to the finish line we missed when my sister crossed, but we made sure to get a picture when we finally found her.
Photobucket


7 comments:

Lindsey said...

you guys are super moms! 12th place!! Awesome running!

Julia said...

Congrats! You guys did a great job. I'm sorry you got sick; that would be a terrible race to run sick.

Holly Park said...

Great job! I am so jealous I am never living there for this race... you are a trooper to keep doing it!

Kacey said...

Hooray for you! 12th place is super impressive. I'm sorry you got sick though....

Connie and Brandon said...

i LOVE the ragnar! you guys did awesome...12th place! way to go. i actually think i remember seeing you guys- supermoms-- but i was van 1;)

Tiff said...

CRAZY, CRAZY, CRAZY!!! That is all I think when I hear people doing this race! But how to get out and say you accomplished it. I am sorry you were sick. Girls camp looked like fun. I heard all about it from my mom. Sounds like you have a great group of girls.

Amy and Clark said...

You are amazing! So impressive.