Friday, April 29, 2011

Her new Happy Ending

Just over 6 years ago tragedy struck our family in a way we never could have imagined. A horrific car accident claimed the life of my brother-in-law Kimball (Ryan carries his name) leaving my sister with 4 young children-she was 28 at the time of the accident. And while she has been amazing and stoic and graceful and thrived over the past 6 years it has been extremely and often excruciatingly hard. But last night things changed...She was married for the second time! And not just to anyone, but someone who she knew from High School and actually took her on her first date and was her first kiss! While I am sad that she will be moving away, I am SO happy that she won't bear the burden of life alone anymore and am excited to have new members of my family.

Congratulations Catherine and Luke!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

12 comments:

Holly Park said...

Congrats to Catherine and to your whole family on the new additions! And yes, she looks great!!

Andrea Forsyth said...

oh man, i'm a hormonal mess. i know i don't know her, but i'm so happy for her! that's wonderful.

also, you look fabulous.

and thank you so much for the gift card!

becca said...

so happy for your sister. I remember when you told me about the accident....I knew right when I saw the title what the post was about! yeah for her. And her first kiss...that is too funny.
You look dashing as usual. Love the dress with the yellow shoes....and of course your runner calves!

Maurine said...

Hooray! She looks beautiful and happy.

Lindsey said...

I am so happey for Catherine and your family, you Parkinson girls are all so beautiful!!!

Steph said...

she is beautiful - such a pretty bride - again! Congrats to the whole family!

lauren ann said...

Your sister looks beautiful- so happy for her and the rest of your family... I guess this means you'll just have to come to CA more to visit...

Cheri said...

SUCH great news. I find myself thinking of her ALL the time (maybe because I'm 28 and have had 4 kids?) and wondering how I would be if that was me. Anyway, I am thrilled for all of you guys.

megan said...

OH Anne! Congrats to her and her family and your family too! I love to hear good news like this! I am sincerely happy for them!! Congrats!!

Kacey said...

Congrats to Catherine!I am so happy for her and your family. You girls all looked so beautiful. :)

The Speres said...

How very exciting! Congrats to Catherine and your whole family!

Amy and Clark said...

I am always amazed by Catherine. She looks particularly beautiful in all of her wedding pictures--I am obsessed with her dress. So happy for her and for your family.