Monday, September 3, 2007

Tiger Woods in the Flesh

So to say that Pete is obsessed with golf is an understatement-I really think he would eat and breathe golf if he could. He has already made it very well known he would golf every day if his life allowed him to. One of his dreams has been to see Tiger Woods play in real life. With our fifth anniversary coming up I wanted to get him a really thoughtful gift-so i surprised him with tickets to a PGA tournament in Boston. I kept telling him that I was the coolest wife ever because I was allowing us to have an entire vacation dedicated to golf and I think golf is boring. We flew to Boston Friday night and got up really early Saturday morning to go to the tournament-thanks to our wonderful mothers we left Ryan at home. Surprisingly, the tournament was really exciting and I found myself getting really into it. I was actually the one who said we should stay longer. It may have been that Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, and Vijay Singh, the three best golfers in the world, all teed off together and we got to follow them around all day-it was really sad no one cared about any of the players. We had such a good weekend and we kept wanting to call it our honeymoon. We decided that we want to have a honeymoon every five years because we have so much fun with just the two of us!

Outside the tournament-they didn't allow cameras inside the course so we had to settle for the parking lot


We ate at the oldest restaurant in the U.S.-It was opened in 1826!

10 comments:

Chad and Margaret Olson said...

How fun! I thought of you guys this weekend becasue we were totally watching the tournament. I have to say that I love Phil Mickelson so I was happy he won, even though Chad was of course rooting for Tiger. I have always thought it would be fun to go to one of those, maybe one time we'll do it together! Happy 5 years!

Lindsey said...

I can't believe you witnessed that tournament, my dad would be so jealous! Also that is awesome that you ate at that restaurant, we talked about it in school and had forgotten about it till I read your blog! How fun for you guys!

Maurine said...

Yes Anne I agree with Pete you are a good wife because that would be a big sacrifice for me...I also think that golf is boring. I am glad you actually liked it though!

becca said...

you are the best wife ever!! Devin would die and go to heaven if i surprised him with this. Wow - I actually wouldn't mind seeing Tiger Woods in person, too.

debbie rowley said...

That is SO fun. What a great surprise! So nice that you two got to get away for the weekend! Happy 5th!

elizabeth kartchner said...

So fun!!
Golf actually is really fun. Collin got me some clubs a couple years ago. We should practice together then impress our hubbies. :)

Lyndsie Field said...

What a nice wife you are! I'm sure it was fun for you guys...funny how we take up interest in those things our husbands love!

Corinne said...

Sounds so fun! There is SOOOO much to do in Boston, so you must come back!! Happy Anniversary!

megan said...

How much fun!! what a great weekend getaway and a great gift! Happy Anniversary!

meagan said...

I can't believe it's already 5 years! Congrats. Sounds like a great weekend... I too am all about re-living the honeymoon trips every so often:)