Sunday, March 30, 2008

...ThE FeSTiVaL oF CoLORs...



Last night Pete and I went with some friends to the Hare Krishna Festival of Colors. It is a religious ceremony that symbolizes the coming of Spring and the conquering of good over evil, but for us it just translated into a lot (literally thousands) of BYU students dumping powdered chalk all over each other. Pete and I missed the initial throwing of chalk because we were stuck in the terrible traffic trying to get to their temple, but we saw the giant pink cloud over the temple from all the chalk being thrown. As you can see, people definitely made sure that we didn't stay clean. It was so much fun and I am still cleaning the powder out of my nose, ears, and hair. The best part was going to dinner afterward while we looked so pretty.


14 comments:

megan said...

That looked like fun!!! What a cool experience!! And I love you with your scouts!! Cute!

Anonymous said...

I saw Melissa's pictures ... how have I never been to this before!?!?!

I'm glad you had such a fun (and wild) time!

Love you sis ...

Corinne said...

That actually looks really fun...only you could still look cute with chalk all over you! love the pictures.

Jake and Jessica Fillmore said...

How fun! I have never been to that festival but I always wondered what it was all about. Maybe next year we will go and be part all the comotion. I bet it was fun washing chalk out of your hair :)

Heather and Trevor said...

AWESOME! We have totally been to that! Trevor served in India so that was a "tradition". LOVE IT! We will have to go together sometime! :)

Brittany said...

wow looks like fun...your little boy is so adorable by the way!!

Hannah said...

What a fun idea! I've never heard of it before! so glad you had a camera.

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! Is there such thing as chalk-lung? I sure hope not. You guys look awesome in multi-color.

Chad and Margaret Olson said...

i hope they didn't convert you with all their colors

Jess Perry said...

That looks like a lot of fun! You look so cute covered in chalk...you could pull that off!! What a cute little scouting helper you are!! Can't wait for that!

Chelsea said...

I was totally there- I can't believe I didn't see you .... ha!! I just blogged about it- so crazy and fun

meagan said...

Wow- that looks exciting. Very cool.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.

Ash said...

How do you guys find all these fun things to do? You seem to live a fun, "colorful" life. When are you going to the Philippines? What cool adventures you have!