Monday, March 10, 2008

Some Future Plans....


Many of you know that is has been a little bit difficult for Pete to decide what he wants to be when he grows up-I had the same trouble and didn't choose nursing until my senior year of college. Well, he still hasn't completely decided-he is taking the DAT and the MCAT this summer-but one thing he did decide was that he wanted to apply to the Master's of Public Health program at BYU. He graduates this April and will have a year off of school before he starts med or dental school and he was worried that he would never want to go back to school if he stopped going. He also thought that this program would be GREAT for his organization Vaccines for the Philippines. About a week and a half ago, he found out that he had been accepted to start this fall!!! He also got offered a research position with one of his professors. So while much of our future is still unknown, it is so nice to know a little piece of the near future.

I had to include this other picture. After I took the first picture, we told Ryan it was time to get ready for bed and this was what he did-he ran away from us, pulled out his highchair and hid behind it. Apparently he wasn't ready for bed.

16 comments:

Lindsey said...

Congratulations! That is great news, and he will have a great resume for his school applications which will be a huge blessing! Hooray for Pete!

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

The unknown can be exciting but scary. It's nice to know at least a little bit of your future. We're dealing with the same thing. We know Brian will be going to graduate school in the next two years, but we have no idea where. It's kind of driving me crazy so I can't think about it a lot. I know that whatever Pete does he'll be amazing at it- he's such a smartie! I was always amazed that he never studied in high school and had perfect grades.

Jake and Jessica Fillmore said...

That is so great! I am sure you are really excited and looking forward to the Masters program. We are really happy for you three! Like you said, that would be so great for V4TP.

heather telford photography said...

Congrats!! Pete is such a smart guy he will be outstanding at whatever he decides to do!!

Maurine said...

Hooray for Pete! He is an ambitious one taking on both of those tests this summer though. I think I would die first. And I am really sick of unknown futures I can't wait to have a destination so I can plan!!

Ash said...

Wow, that sounds cool. I haven't heard a lot about that program, but it sounds like something I would like too. It's nice that you guys have health care in common. Sometimes when I talk to Mike he says things like, "What are vitals?". :) It is nice to know where you'll be for the next year. :)

Chad and Margaret Olson said...

Way to go Pete!

Heather and Trevor said...

Congrats! That is a great start!!! You uys are so cute! We miss you so much! Let us know if you are coming to St. George anytime soon. Ryan is SOOOO CUTE!!! I love his personality! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay - we're so proud of Pete! I loved Dan's MPH year ... I think I was as into his classes as he was.

Hooray and congratulations to you both!

Kacey said...

Congrats to Pete! I'm glad you have a little bit of your future figured out. Ryan is too cute :)

Corinne said...

Congrats! Someone needs to find Ryan a better hiding spot...that's so cute.

megan said...

Congratulations!! I am so glad that he got in...although of course they were going to accept him!! He's got so much to offer the program!! Anyhow, congrats!

Jessica Macdonald said...

Anne-

Randomly found your blog. Some person in my ward had Jess and Jake Fillmore's blog on their blog. Random. I'm glad things are working out for you guys. Love ya.

meagan said...

Congrats- I hope you go to UOP dental school!

Jess Perry said...

Congrats. That is awesome news!! Way to go Pete! And I love the pic of your little guy! He is so adorable!