Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The longest day

Could today please be over? It feels like this day may drag on and on forever....

I am whining-I know, but Pete was supposed to be home today and then realized Sunday that he read his itinerary wrong and doesn't come home from the Philippines till Wednesday. I know-what is 1 more day after he has already being gone for 12, but I was only mentally prepared for him to be gone until today...

Luckily for me, I have this little man to keep me company and keep me laughing all day long:)

Photobucket
Photobucket

p.s. I really am super supportive of all his international endeavors and encourage him to take any opportunity he can, I am just complaining cause we really miss him.

10 comments:

Holly Park said...

Okay, that bottom picture is SUPER AWESOME. So great how proud he's standing there!
I just sent you a text, so let's be in touch on some plans...

cowbell kelly said...

Wow baby boy is getting sooooo big! I posted Katie an told her we should get together while i'm here.

becca said...

wow anne you are amazing. I felt the same way about this day and my husband hasn't been gone for 12 days! I would die. You are a trooper.

lauren ann said...

Oh that is such a bummer!! I'm so sorry you still have to wait another day. Umm and you are NOT complaining! Pretty sure you are the most supportive wife ever when it comes to pete's travels. Distance definitley makes the heart grow fonder.

PS love the pix of Ryan

Sarah said...

ha, i love the undies and shin guards. what a cute boy you have!

and i don't think you're whining at all. it's hard to be alone! twelve days? that's huge- you can totally complain a little. :)

heather telford photography said...

Hey Anne, thanks so much for your sweet comment I went back and read your post on this same thing and had no idea. I am so sorry for you as well. It is so hard. No matter what. It would be fun to get together sometime. Once this yucky weather clears up we will have to get out boys together at a park or something.

Kacey said...

Love the pictures, Anne. Even though your hubby is gone, you have a pretty handsome little man to keep you company :) I have lots of long days too (and my husband works in our bedroom!!). Happy Reuniting with Pete!

Maurine said...

That is the worst. Sorry...but since you wrote this yesterday that means he is home today...hooray. Hope that the reunion was a happy one.

Unknown said...

A little complaining once in a while never hurt anybody. I should really stop though!! Lets get together while Kelly's in town. Tomorrow is my last day of work so I can hang out any time!!

Michelle and Aaron Darais said...

You definitely deserve to complain, I seriously don't know how you do it! I'm glad pete's home now! Aaron had a fun talk with him and it got us so excited about the philippines this year:)