Monday, June 20, 2011

Pete has the worst luck...

For his eagle project, my nephew brought over playground equipment to donate to a school in the Philippines. After the equipment was given we showed them different games and activities they could do with it. Pete was showing them how to use the jump ropes and his knee hyperextended. He has had some trouble with that knee before, but it hadn't been a big deal so we weren't too worried-well we apparently should have been. Pete's MRI results came back today and he has a COMPLETE ACL tear-that will require major surgery with an extremely long recovery. A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

9 comments:

Jerai Moulton said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! We can totally relate and empathize with you! Phil has torn his ACL twice now. It's not a lot of fun and does take quite awhile. Good luck with it all! We'l be thinking of you and you're family!!

Kacey said...

Oh no!! Poor Pete. His service brings a blood clot, torn ACL, etc and he keeps doing it. I really admire him for that! I hope his surgery and recovery go well. Thinking of you....

Anonymous said...

I totally know how you feel! My husband just found out he has to get a full knee replacement!!

Holly Park said...

Ugh!! That is not a fun recovery. Apparently 30 is tipping Pete over the hill... so sorry!

megan said...

Oh man. I am so, so sorry! So is he in the Phillipines right now? I am so sorry!

MaryAnne said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I didn't realize he was injured when we saw him - what a bad friend I am! I hope he gets to watch a lot of Friends during his recovery.

Kristen said...

Hey! This just happened to me! I tore my ACL and meniscus skiing. I'm about 8 weeks out from surgery. If you guys have any questions, let me know. The surgery itself is not bad, it's the long recovery that sucks, and accepting that your knee will probably never be the same again. I'm sure Stain has seen a million of these at PT. Ugh! Does Pete know what his surgeon wants to use for the graft for his new ACL (hamstring graft, patellar tendon, or donor)? I'd be curious.

lauren ann said...

Classic pete. I want to hear all about the trip... better yet, I want to hear all about it in person in 3 days!

meagan said...

Oh bummer - those trips certainly take a physical tole, don't they? I'm so sorry and hope he is better. Are you still planning on law school in the fall?