Sunday, November 11, 2007

BLaSt fRoM tHE pAsT

My friend Lindsey posted something on her blog about the movie Mr. Boogedy and it got me thinking about all the things I loved growing up. So I wanted to take a minute just to reminesce about some of my favorite things.

-Babysitter Club Books-I think I read each book three times, but my favorite part was that after a hundred or so books they were still in jr. high. I always loved the Super Special books.
-TGIFridays (not the restaurant, but the shows ABC used to have on every Friday-I looked forward to it all week!)
-Great cartoons including Gummi Bears, Duck Tales, Muppet babies, and Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers (I still get their theme songs stuck in my head)
-Sweet Valley High Books-these were a little more scandalous than babysiter club books but just as great
-Saved by the Bell-I always wanted my own Zack Morris and wished we had a place as cool as " The Max" to hang out
-The game Go 4 it-we used to play this for hours
-Wonderful games such as "butt" ball, kickball, and four square
-Playing with and accessorizing trolls at recess
-Playing barbies and creating my own Ken doll by putting a girl barbie head on to a popsicle stick

Sometimes I really miss being little...

This is totally not related, but we saw Dan in Real Life last night and it was so good-I would definitely recommend it!

11 comments:

Heather and Trevor said...

I LOVE that post! SO funny! I did pretty much all of those too! I LOVED the Disney Afternoon! Me and my sisters would race home from school to watch it! I love the Theme Songs. Maybe we could get a hold of a copy of them and show them to our kids.....:)

Julia said...

Did you ever play the Sweet Valley High board game? I think it would be fun to play even now. I wish I had it. Did you ever play pogs. I never really understood what I was supoosed to do with them, but of course I had my share of pogs to trade at recess. Weird! It's so fun to imagine the stories we'll tell our kids someday. "When I was your age..."

Lindsey said...

Ah we had so many good times! Remember the lego castle with the coveted ghost! or when we didn't have boy barbies so we tried to make them or we would go to jenna mills to play with her barbies! Awesome!

Jess Perry said...

Loved this post!! I love thinking about the good old times. The cartoon I think about all the time is rainbow brite! I wantd a belt like hers so bad with magic sprinkles! And Tiffany! Didn't she have the sweetest denim jacket ever!!

Corinne said...

They truly were the good 'ol days! Babysitters Club rocks!!

Kacey said...

Okay, so I know why we are such good friends. I could relate with each thing you listed. I especially love the game Go 4 it. Clint and I just discovered it a few years ago. Love you Anne!

becca said...

i loved saved by the bell! what about kids incorporated and mickey mouse club.

Barb said...

Sorry I am such a bad blogger! I hardly ever post on my blog or comment on anyone elses, but I do love reading your blog. So many good memories came flooding back to me as I read your post. I think we are the luckiest generation to have grown in the 80's!

Ash said...

I'm just glad that Zach and Kelly ended up together in the end. I could have killed her when she left Zach for that scumb-bag college guy! Drama! I loved your list.

Courtney ♥ said...

Dude my list would so be a duplicate of yours-babysitters club books for sure. Here's some trivia what was Mary Anne's boyfriends name??? That was the first time I heard that name until I saw X-Man. Meeting up with Nelson sounds good she said Tues was good for you-me too, I can do afternoon 1 or so. Let me know what you think and where! p.s. my sister sent me the gummy bears theme song the other day-too funny.

Hannah said...

I was totally into TGIFridays too! Full House! And remember Perfect Strangers with Larry and Balki? We thought it was the greatest! my friends and I would rotate between our different houses every friday night to watch!