Saturday, February 19, 2011

The best decision

Photobucket

I am not very spotaneous-I have had a few moments in my life, but for the most part I have to plan things well in advance. But last week we made the most spontaneous decision ever...

Pete's parents time share in Hawaii suddenly opened up and his Dad told us we should take advantage of our time before law school and go and use it. It seemed like such an outrageous thought to me, but I was able to switch shifts at work and Pete's job doesn't start till we get back so it really seemed like the perfect thing to do. And before we could think too much about what we were doing or how much money we were spending we bought tickets and last night we arrived in Maui. As I was listening to the waves and watching Ry and Pete play in the ocean together, I was so grateful that his Dad pushed us to do this because for the first time in a while I felt peaceful...

11 comments:

cowbell kelly said...

I don't even know what to comment I'm so jealous!!!!

Holly Park said...

Sounds like heaven. Glad you guys got away for a little vacay.

Kacey said...

Have a great trip! I hope you have nice peaceful vacation from life for a bit :)

Maurine said...

That is a fabulous decision. Glad you were willing to be spontaneous. Enjoy every minute of family time you have before law school consumes it all!

lauren ann said...

Im so glad you were able to go... and that we were able to talk before your took off. Have soooo much fun!

heather telford photography said...

good for you guys, sometimes the spontaneous trips end up being the most memorable. Hope you have a blast.

megan said...

Have fun Anne!! Enjoy the sun and peace!

debbie rowley said...

Sounds dreamy... enjoy your time together!

Cheri said...

SO happy for you. Sometimes the best decisions we make are those spontaneous ones...before we think too hard and decide against them.

Have a fabulous, warm time.

Cason and Marie said...

Lucky you!! Sounds soo good right about now! Hope you guys had so much fun.

Amy and Clark said...

That sounds like a GREAT kind of spontaneous! The picture is absolutely beautiful and looks exactly how you feel--peaceful. Hope you have a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.