Friday, February 11, 2011

Surviving the Winter

I am one of those people that is ready for warm, sunny days to come right after Christmas and so I am constantly trying to find positive things about snow and cold to get me thru these long months. This year my neighbor, Andrea, introduced me to Cross country skiing at Sundance and it has definitely become something that makes me like living in Utah in winter. We went on Wednesday and it could not have been more beautiful. The mountains were incredible and there is something so great about breathing non-inversion air.

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Holly Park said...

Oh, I do love Sundance sososo much. I miss snowshoeing up there! Love that you and Andrea are friends--small little world!

cowbell kelly said...

My lungs would freeze but I'm glad you like it:) And I LOVE my coat!!!! So comfy and surprisingly warm.

lauren ann said...

Remember how much we talked about doing that last winter... glad you finally did it, but I wish I were there with you. I heart Sundance, crosscountry skiing and you... seems like the perfect combo. Miss you!

Maurine said...

Oh yes those winters are so long. But I do love me some cross country skiing. We would always up to Aspen Grove to go, but I bet Sundance has better trails.
Yes I started working again. They convinced me to work on this really cool project, but it is busy. I will have to tell you about it when we catch up. I am coming up in March. I will email you about the dates and see if we can get together. It has been so long since I have seen you.