Thursday, August 11, 2011

the fastest year of my life

somehow I blinked and a year passed. Pete starts law school orientation next Wednesday. It seems like yesterday that we thought we were moving and then BYU called at literally the very last min and gave us 24 hours to decide if we wanted to wait to start law school until the following year. Everyone told us we needed to take advantage of the time we had before it started, and we definitely did! We traveled to California three times, Hawaii, Las Vegas, Arizona, and the Philippines (Pete actually went twice)! We had some great times, but now I am dreading the huge adjustments that will have to be made when law school starts-we got SO spoiled having Pete around all the time. I just keep telling myself that we felt very strongly this was what we were supposed to do and three years really isn't that long-right???

5 comments:

Holly Park said...

this year did fly!! and yes, three years also flies by--promise! chat with you soon chica!

Lindsey said...

For whatever reason I think the years your husband is a grad student go by the fastest, maybe because the times you do see each other you make memorable buy it's a fun exciting time! I really feel like we were starting school not long ago but now it's almost done! Good luck to you guys!!! I miss you!

Katie said...

My husband just started his MBA program this week! I feel your pain! I hope it flies by for you (and me :))

Kacey said...

It has been a quick year girlie! Best wishes to you all as he begins his last (hopefully!!) schooling adventure. 3 years is going to fly :)
let's chat sometime, huh?

Maurine said...

It goes by super fast. The first year kind of dragged for me adjusting to never seeing Jon, but then the 2nd and 3rd went by so quickly.
I am in Provo until early next week on my way back from Yellowstone. Do you have time to go grab lunch or a treat or something? Call me if you do.